Livestock water quality is important for health
Very Economical to Use
Oxy Blast is currently available in a 34% and 50% concentration for just pennies a day.
Better overall Health
Livestock and Poultry producers have reported better overall health in their herds and flocks. They have also reported a drastic reduction of antibiotic use for their animals. This is even more evident when the quality of water is marginal. High levels of SRBs, Iron slime, manganese and iron can reduce water intake dramatically.
Stenner Injection Pump
We promote the Stenner Pump Companies peristaltic (squeeze) pump to inject our product into the water system. The pump is turned on and off by a pressure switch, a flow switch or a proportional feeding system. The pump can be adjusted to as low as 10 PPM or over 1000 PPM. A medicator can also be used to test the use of Oxy Blast initially, but the extra labour of mixing the stock solution limits this option on a long-term basis.
To help sequester or encapsulate a high level of total dissolved solids (TDS), we recommend the addition of Poly Phos to the use of Oxy Blast. Poly Phos can "tie up" the TDS to allow the Oxy Blast to do a better job while coating the inside of the pipes to prevent corrosion of galvanised piping or copper plumbing. Poly phosphates are used extensively in municipal water treatment facilities very economically.
Poly Phos is a blend of phosphates that is a premier corrosion inhibitor and sequestrant used in potable and industrial water systems.
Poly Phos blend actively inhibits corrosion by forming a microscopic, protective film on the inside surface of water pipes. This process limits the release of lead, copper, and iron from water lines and domestic plumbing. This poly phosphate blend helps to reduce rusty water and prevent the formation of iron deposits, resulting in greater Oxy Blast Plus residuals in the system. When using these products, Oxy Blast Plus can be more effective at controlling biofilm regrowth in the distribution system.
EWS Poly Phos blends also act as sequestering agents to reduce stains, discoloration, and rusty water caused by iron and manganese. Threshold treatment with these products holds scale-causing minerals, such as calcium, in solution as well. EWS Poly Phos blends remove existing scale and iron tuberculation buildup to improve water quality and distribution flow rates.
Benefits of Poly Phos:
- Inhibits corrosion of steel distribution system water lines, iron and galvanized piping , and lead and copper plumbing.
- Decreases iron tuberculation, which can extend the life of the distributions system.
- Lowers lead and copper levels in the delivered potable water by inhibiting corrosion in the water system.
- Lessens the occurrence of microbial-influenced corrosion, providing longer system life.
- Controls iron and manganese, minimizing rusty or dirty water in the distribution system.
- Reduces discoloration, staining, and mineral build-up, resulting in fewer customer complaints.
- Diminishes calcium scale deposits typically seen in hot water lines and heaters.
If your have high sodium levels in your water effecting animal performance, EWS is the product of choice. EWS Products enhance fluid retention in market weight animals especially during high temperatures. EWS Products also lower bicarbonates in your water.
EWS Products are a water dispersible nutritional supplement that maintains fluid electrolytes and stabilizes mineral metabolism in livestock for hydration and nutrient transfer.
The ions in EWS Products are balanced ratios of potassium to sodium and magnesium based on several thousand water analyses throughout a large geographical area. EWS Products sustain hydration at the cellular level.
- All animals perform better when their electrolytes (potassium, sodium, magnesium and chlorides) are balanced at the cellular level
- Properly balanced electrolytes (ions) at the cellular level eliminate dehydration and other health-related problems.
- Excessive sodium levels in the water or feed cause an imbalance over other primary electrolytes which can increase hydrochloric acid secretion within the body which causes a more acid environment, relating to stomach discomfort and possible ulcers or scarring within the digestive tract. This imbalance hinders nutrient transfer and, consequently, animal performance.
- Avoid over-the-counter electrolyte products that usually contain high levels of chlorides. High levels of chlorides increase sodium absorption ratios, which, in turn, can lead to displaced potassium, thus causing dehydration.
To lower the pH of your water we have a specially formulated acidifier that works very well with our Oxy Blast and the NSF product. It is a much more effective pH balancer than citric acid.
PC-7 is a proprietary blend of acids that when added to water will bring down the pH and will raise the ORP (oxidative reduction potential) thus helping make an oxidizer like our Oxy Blast work more effectively. Other acids like citric acid, phosphoric acid and acetic acid don’t work nearly as well. Those acids and the oxidizers will lose their effectiveness when combined.
PC-7 comes in a granular form, mixes easily and stays in solution for many days. Always wear rubber gloves when working with PC-7. If you don’t already have a combination pH/ORP meter, consider purchasing one. It will help you a lot when trying to keep the water at the ideal pH and ORP levels.
There are many benefits of PC-7. Lowering the pH of the water for livestock and poultry will:
- Ehance the immune system of that animal for a more rapid response to the foreign substances that are attacking the animal’s system.
- Help negate the organic and inorganic substances that usually go undetected in the water.
- Improve the biological function of each cell to increase the assimilation of the nutrients.
- Lower the surface tension of the water which raises the cell frequency. The higher the density of the water the less frequency exchange between the cells and the less nutrient assimilation.
- Lower nitrates in water to safe levels thus keeping animals (especially young stock) from having severe health challenges.
Below are Gordy Jordahl’s suggested pH levels of water for livestock and poultry:
|Production stage / Weight||Ideal PH|
|Cattle||Calves (under 300 lbs.)||6.0|
|Calves (300-600 lbs.)||6.5-7.0|
|Feedlot Cattle (over 600 lbs.)||6.8-7.3|
|Dairy||Cows & heifers||7.2-7.4|
Producers have told us that they have noticed less diseases when they add - 300 PPM for 2 days every 2 weeks. See if you don't agree.
The proper usage rate is dependent on the disease load of the farm, how much bio film is in the pipes and he quality of water. Test strips are available to give a more precise measurement at the point of delivery.
Here is a portion of the FDA law regarding organic livestock production.
Code Section 205.603: Synthetic substances allowed for use in organic livestock production.
In accordance with restrictions specified in this section, the following synthetic substances may be used in organic livestock production:
(a) As disinfectants, sanitizer, and medical treatments as applicable.
(i) Ethanol-disinfectant and sanitizer only, prohibited as a feed additive.
(ii) Isopropanol-disinfectant only.
(2) Aspirin-approved for health care use to reduce inflammation.
(4) Chlorhexidine – Allowed for surgical procedures conducted by a veterinarian. Allowed for use as a teat dip when alternative germicidal agents and/or physical barriers have lost their effectiveness.
(5) Chlorine materials – disinfecting and sanitizing facilities and equipment. Residual chlorine levels in the water shall not exceed the maximum residual disinfectant limit under the Safe Drinking Water Act.
(i) Calcium hypochlorite.
(ii) Chlorine dioxide.
(iii) Sodium hypochlorite.
(6) Electrolytes-without antibiotics.
(8) Glycerine – Allowed as a livestock teat dip, must be produced through the hydrolysis of fats or oils.
(9) Hydrogen peroxide.